The School Board of the City of Virginia Beach voted to name Dr. Donald Robertson Jr. as superintendent at its meeting Jan. 23. A native of Hampton Roads, Dr. Robertson began his career as a math teacher with Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) in 1988 and progressed in leadership roles including assistant principal of Bayside High School, principal of Salem High School, chief strategy and innovation officer, chief schools officer, chief of staff and acting superintendent.
Curriculum Documents 6-23.1
School Board of the City of Virginia Beach
- Department of Instructional Support Services
The department will be responsible for the following:
- Updating all curriculum documents,
- Notifying all personnel of changes in curriculum documents and textbooks,
- Storing originals of all curriculum documents.
Principals are responsible for the following:
- Maintaining an active inventory of curriculum documents,
- Collecting all curriculum documents when teachers or other resource persons transfer to other Virginia Beach schools or leave the division,
- Requesting additional curriculum and course guides from the warehouse as needed.
Reasonable attempts will be made to have current copies of curriculum guides available for distribution to staff no later than fifteen workdays prior to implementation or the start of the school year. Staff members shall be notified of the location of the guides as soon as they become available.
Approved by Superintendent: October 19, 1993