The School Board of the City of Virginia Beach voted to name Dr. Donald Robertson Jr. as superintendent at its meeting Jan. 23. A native of Hampton Roads, Dr. Robertson began his career as a math teacher with Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) in 1988 and progressed in leadership roles including assistant principal of Bayside High School, principal of Salem High School, chief strategy and innovation officer, chief schools officer, chief of staff and acting superintendent.
Dual Enrollment 6-89.1
School Board of the City of Virginia Beach
All high school juniors and seniors are eligible to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program sponsored by the school division and community colleges if the following requirements are met.
- The student must have the approval of the principal and must be accepted by the college for the course.
- The student must select from the courses specified in the Dual Enrollment Agreement.
- Upon completion of the course, the student will request that an official transcript be sent to the high school.
- One high school unit of credit will be awarded for each six (6) hours of college credit completed. One-half (1/2) unit of credit will be awarded for each three (3) hours of college credit completed.
- College course semester grades will be included in computing the high school GPA.
- College courses that meet one of the following criteria will be weighted.
- The student has completed an AP course and enrolls in a higher level sequential college course.
- The college course has been identified on the approved course list as comparable to an AP course.
Approved by Superintendent: July 16, 1991